How Food Presentation Helps Make Your JB Hook's Experience A Great One
Picture this, the waiter at JB Hook's glides through the room with a tray of exceptional looking ocean fish and steak and your mouth begins to water. What do you do? If you're like most of our customers, you ask your waiter, "What was that and how soon can I have it in front of me?" The way food looks on a plate is what tempts our eyes and makes us want to taste it and it's no surprise that the immaculate entrees at JB Hook's, the lakes premier fine dining restaurant are no exception. Food presentation is just as essential to the success of a dish as its taste and flavor and the chef at JB Hook's creates each flavorful dish with that in mind. Learn more about food presentation, why it's important and view some of the mouthwatering menu selections and see for yourself!
The visual presentation of food is part of what makes fine dining exceptional. From the presentation of the appetizer to capping the meal off with a dessert drink, diners revel in the delicate display of their foods at JB Hook's. Your dish may come drizzled with sauces, sprinkled with seeds, decorated with edible toppings or accompanied with garnishment. These techniques enhance the diners experience and often compliment the plated food item.
Why Food Presentation is Important
The arrangement and overall styling of food upon bringing it to the plate is called plating. Common styles of plating include:
What is Plating?
- Classic: An arrangement of the main item in the front of the plate with vegetables or starches in the back.
- Stacked: An arrangement of the various items, or the main item leaning or layered upon a side item or bed of vegetables.
A History of Food Presentation
The art of modifying, processing, arranging and decorating food to enhance its visual appeal has been practiced for years. Historically, the presentation of food has been used to display wealth and the complexity of a dish emphasized power. Sources tell us that Ancient Romans placed great importance on the appearance of their dining experience from lavish decor to exciting performances and of course, through the elaborate presentation of the food itself. Impressing guests with food presentation has a rich history and today view contemporary food presentation as an expression of modern aesthetic and creativity.
Mouthwatering Displays of JB Hook's Dishes
Check out some of our signature items that look amazing and taste even better.
- Steak & Australian Lobster Tail
- All of our steaks are hand carved, USDA choice or above, aged a minimum of 21 days to enhance the flavor of the meat. Our Australian lobster tails are 1 lb and served with a 6 oz fillet mignon. All entrees are served with the choice of salad or soup and a side dish.
- Steak Neptune
- A popular JB Hook's dish, steak neptune, will delight your senses. A 6 oz fillet stuffed with boursin and and shrimp then grilled to perfection and finished with crab piccata and asparagus.
We've come a long way when it comes to food presentation but one thing we know for sure, when dining out, the experience is half the joy of the meal. At JB Hook's we know our menu is flavorful and we respect that by making it look good too. Now, after taking a look at some of our entrees, we know you your tummy is talking to you - visit our website www.JBHooks.com to make a reservation or call (573) 365-3255. Your visual fine dining experience is waiting for you.
The Lake's Best Ocean Fish and Steaks
Visit us at JBHooks.com
Like us on Faceook
Follow us on Twitter
2260 Bagnell Dam Blvd.
Lake Ozark, MO 65049