10 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Lobsters
Our customers expect only the very best seafood at the Lake of the Ozarks when they visit us at JB Hook's Great Ocean Fish and Steaks Restaurant. One of the favorites from the menu is our delicious lobster. We thought it might be fun to learn a little bit about these wonderful creatures, and here is what we discovered.
1. They were once so plentiful, that paupers regularly ate lobster. Some so often that they became sick of it! They were so common that they were even fed to livestock.
2. Lobsters enjoy eating much of the same seafood that we do, like clams, crabs, and occasionally other lobsters!
3. They come in many different colors, including blue, blue-green, yellow, and some are even two-toned. They turn red once they are cooked.
4. A lobster's nervous system is similar to that of grasshoppers and ants, so that is why you will sometimes hear people refer to them as "bugs."
5. Some lobsters can live to be 100 years old!
6. In an emergency, they can detach a leg, claw, or antennae. Not a big problem for them though, because the can regenerate their limbs.
7. The larger claw of a lobster is know as the crusher claw and is used to break up the shells of their prey. The other cutter claw is used for tearing.
8. A professor from the University of Maine used lobster shells to create a golf ball core that is biodegradable.
9. Lobsters are a wonderful source of protein and heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. If you skip the butter, 3-1/2 ounces is only about 96 calories and about 2 grams of fat.
10. You will get the best tasting lobster at the Lake of the Ozarks at JB Hook's Restaurant. (You'll know this is a fact once you give it a taste!) Our mouth-watering choices include Australian Lobster Tail and Hook's Stuffed Lobster Tail.
When you are hungry for a magnificent meal, come to the best seafood restaurant at the Lake of the Ozarks. Our chefs have perfected their lobster dishes. When you pair one of these up with our savory sides, an incredible dessert, and one of the many amazing drinks from our creative bartenders, you will be looking forward to the next time that you can do it all over again.
The Lake's Best Ocean Fish and Steaks
Visit us at JBHooks.com