The 14-mile panoramic view from JB Hook's allows viewing of many local fireworks displays over the holiday weekend. You can see the view from every seat in the restaurant. An uninterrupted view of the gorgeous lake area can be enjoyed from the main dining room, our special event room, the bar, and the outdoor patio.
At dusk, we will turn the lights down to make the displays even more enjoyable. For a list of the different fireworks shows that are happening this Memorial Day weekend at the Lake, visit Funlake.com.
We will be serving our delicious menu filled with savory seafood, steaks, and more all weekend long. As we mentioned above, if you dine near dusk, you will have a front row seat to some spectacular fireworks displays.
We begin serving food daily at 11 am with our incredible lunch menu, which always features a $5.99 special. For dinner, which begins at 5 pm nightly, you will have even more mouth-watering options to choose from, and we also feature a wonderful Shrimp and Oyster Bar all day long. Even children love the food at JB Hook's. The kids' menu has tastes that kids enjoy, including yummy milkshakes.
We welcome walk-ins, but holidays get extremely busy. You can make a reservation by calling us at 573-365-3255, or visit the JB Hook's website and make your reservation online through OpenTable.
Three of our amazing Happy Hours fall into Memorial Day Weekend. Start out on Friday, from 3-7 pm, with Mike V. entertaining the crowd. We have another Happy Hour every Sunday from 2-6 pm. Finally, on Memorial Day Monday, you can once again join us from 3-7 pm.
Happy Hour at JB Hook's includes a large variety of half-price appetizers. We also offer buy-1-get-1 on well drinks and house wines. This includes our delicious, homemade red and white Sangrias.
Just in case you need some interesting dinner conversation over the holiday, we looked up some Memorial Day facts that you may not already be aware of.
- Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day. It began after the Civil War when soldiers honored their fallen comrades by decorating their graves with flags, flowers, and wreaths. The name was officially changed to Memorial Day in 1967.
- This holiday started out being celebrated every May 30. After the Uniform Monday Holiday Act was signed in 1971, it was moved to the last Sunday in May. This year we actually get to celebrate on the original date!
- American Flags are flown at half-staff until noon on Memorial Day, but after that they are raised briskly to full-staff.
- Red Poppies are sold by the VFW on Memorial Weekend as a symbol of remembrance for fallen soldiers. This tradition was inspired by the poem "In Flanders Fields" by Lieutenant-Colonel John McCrae in 1915 during World War I. It is about the poppies that grow over soldiers' graves.
- The National Moment of Remembrance Act was signed in 2000. It states that at 3 pm local time, Americans must pause and use that moment to remember the brave men and women that died serving our country.
However you choose to spend your 3-day weekend, we hope that you spend some of it here at our Lake of the Ozarks seafood and steak restaurant. The lake area is a wonderful place to vacation, and it's even better when you enjoy the good food and fun times that happen right here at JB Hook's.
The Lake's Best Ocean Fish and Steaks
Visit us at JBHooks.com