Martini Fun Facts
JB Hook's offers many signature martinis that each have their own unique ingredients. The original martini recipe was made with only gin and vermouth, and garnished with either an olive or a lemon twist. Today, most martinis are made with vodka, but they are not limited to only those two spirits. Garnishes come in all types now too, usually matching the flavor of that particular drink. Now, how about a few interesting martini facts.
- There are three popular ways to order a classic martini. These are:
- Dry - made with dry vermouth and gin or vodka
- Dirty - a splash of olive juice added
- Perfect - made with equal amounts sweet and dry vermouth plus gin or vodka
- Gibson - garnished with a pickled onion
- The Martini glass has been around longer than the actual drink it is named for. It was very popular to serve cocktails in during Prohibition.
- It is acceptable to serve a martini poured over ice in an Old-Fashioned glass.
- James Bond had it wrong! A shaken martini (called a Bradford) is delicious, but can cause the drink to become over-diluted from the broken shards of ice. Stirring is originally the correct way to prepare this cocktail.
JB Hook's Signature Martinis
Hooked Perfect Cosmo
Absolut Citron, Cointreau, fresh lime, and cranberry juice
Blueberry vodka, blueberry liqueur, and vanilla vodka
Sweet tea vodka, fresh lemon, citrus vodka, triple sec, and sweet & sour
Sour apple vodka & sour apple Pucker
Pomegranate liqueur, citrus vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, and fresh lime
Cherry vodka, citrus vodka, fresh lime, triple sec, sweet & sour, and grenadine
Orange-cream vodka, triple sec, vanilla vodka, half & half, and OJ
Raspberry vodka, faspberry liqueur, and sweet & sour
Coconut rum, melon and banana liqueur, and pineapple juice
Fresh espresso, vanilla vodka, creme de cacao, and espresso vodka
Godiva Dark Chocolate Liqueur, espresso & vanilla vodka, crème de cacao, and amaretto
Vanilla vodka, butterscotch Schnapps, half & half, and Irish Cream
Hooked Kiss Martini
Godiva white and dark chocolate liqueurs, hazelnut liqueur, and the rest... is our secret!
What'll ya have?
If you aren't necessarily a martini fan, don't worry, because we have an amazing array of mixed drinks on our menu in addition to these, plus talented bartenders that can mix up whatever your heart desires from our fully stocked bar. There are also many wonderful beers, excellent wines, and of course, JB Hook's famous housemade red and white Sangrias. They each pair nicely with all of the dishes from the best restaurant at the Lake of the Ozarks. Join us soon, pull up a chair, order a drink, and get ready for a delicious evening.
The Lake's Best Ocean Fish and Steaks
Visit us at JBHooks.com